1.Ten General Rules to be followed byforeign Students 留学生守则
2.Jiangxi University of TCM Foreign Student Academic PerformanceRegulations 江西中医药大学留学生学籍管理规定
Section 1 Enrollment and fees payment 入学与注册
Section 2 Duration of Program 学习年限
Section 3 Assessment and Academic Record 考核与成绩记载
Section 4 Promotion to a higher grade and Repetition of an academic year’s work 升级与留级
Section 6: Change of Major and Transfer to Other Higher Institutions 转专业与转学
Section 7: Suspension and Resuming of Schooling 休学与复学
Section 8: Drop Out of School退学
Section 9: Graduation, Completion of the Curriculum and Completionof the Courses毕业、结业与肄业
Section 10 Campus Order and Extracurricular Activities 校园秩序与课外活动
Section 11 Annex 附则
3.Dormitory Rules and Regulations for Foreign Students and Studentsfrom Taiwan, Hong Kong and Macao Attending Jiangxi University of TraditionalChinese Medicine 江西中医药大学留学生及台、港、澳学生宿舍管理规定
4.Disciplinary Actions and Sanctions for Foreign Students AttendingJXUTCM 江西中医药大学留学生违纪处分暂行规定
Management of theCertificates for Foreign Students 留学生有关证件的管理规定
5.Procedures for Visitors to Students for the International EducationCollege of Jiangxi Chinese Medical University 江西中医药大学国际教育学院留学生会客制度
Ten General Rules to be followed by foreignStudents
1. Students must observe the relevantpolicies and decrees formulated by the Chinese government.
2. Students mustobserve the regulations established by the authorities of the University.
3. Students must respect the facultyand staff members of the University.
4. Students muststudy hard to complete all the necessary courses in their field of study at theuniversity.
5. Students mustshow respect towards their classmates, and maintain solidarity and be in accordwith other students.
6. Students must participatein regular exercise programs and maintain an acceptable level of personalhygiene.
7. Students must appreciateand protect University property, and in this manner maintain the community.
8. Students must respect the habitsand customs of different countries.
9. Students mustmaintain and strengthen the friendship that develops with interactions ofpeople from different countries.
10.Students must respectthe dignity and autonomy of others in regards to their ethnic origins andnational sovereignty, and never do anything to impair the dignity of another’spersonality or country.
Jiangxi University of TCM Foreign Student
Jiangxi University of Traditional Chinese Medicine(referred as the University
hereafter) has drawn up these regulations for foreignstudents on the basis of the
Regulations for the Administration of the Students ofGeneral Higher Institutions，
Jiangxi University of Traditional Chinese Medicine.
Section 1 Enrollmentand fees payment
1. New student admitted bythe university should bring the Admission Notice, the completed VisaApplication for study in China as well as other relevant documents and come to ForeignStudents Administration to register before the deadline as specified in theAdmission Notice. If, for certain reason, the student cannot register on time, He/shemust ask leave for an extension period of not more than 4 weeks. Those who havenot asked for the leave and those who fail to register before the end of theextension period without proper reason such as force Majeure will lose theirqualification as an admitted student.
2. The University will checkthe health condition of students, as required by the regulations of the Chinesegovernment; only healthy students can register and enroll. Students who failthe health check may lose their qualification. Students who are found topresent fraudulent documents or use illegal ways to be admitted will bedismissed immediately.
3. Students with diseaseunfit to continue their study as diagnosed by government-appointed health andquarantine departments will have a suspension of schooling for a period of oneyear. Students who have rehabilitated during this period may resume schoolingby application for readmission, but they will need a health re-exam byofficially appointed health and quarantine departments. Students who cannotpass the re-exam or do not complete the registration and enrollment procedureon time will be disqualified.
4. At the beginning of eachsemester, student should register in person with receipts of tuition and feespaid at Foreign Students Administration within 2 weeks. Students who cannotregister on time should give their explanations to the teacher in charge of hisor her class. Students who have not paid their tuition and fees or cannot meetany other requirements of registration will not be registered. Theirqualification to study for this academic year can not be gained until theCollege stamped their Student ID Cards. Those who are unable to arrive at theCollege due to some reason need to go through the procedure accordingly: Thosewho ask sick leave need to submit medical document; those who ask for leave forsome other reason need to submit a written application to their teacher incharge of the class two weeks in advance. The cases without leave applicationand approval from the Foreign Students Administration will be taken asabsenteeism. Those who arrive at the College but failed to go through theprocedure for registration will also be considered to be absenteeism; those whofailed to register longer than 4 weeks after the beginning of the academic yearwithout proper reason will be regarded as voluntary dropouts.
5. Students who suspend,withdraw or leave school due to other reasons, will not be registered withoutgoing through the related procedure for resumption of study.
Section 2 Duration of Program
6. The length of program isas follows：for medicine majored undergraduates is 5-6years; For undergraduate who majored in Pharmacy or other area is 4 years. Itis possible for students who are unable to complete the courses as requiredwithin the allotted time to apply to extend their study for at most two years.
Section3 Assessment and Academic Record
7. Students should takeassessment of the courses and other curricular activities as required by thecurriculum (hereafter all referred as courses). The result of assessment willbe kept in the transcript and filed in the student personal record.
8. There are two ways ofassessments: examination and pass/fail assessment. Only those who passassessments can earn the credits of the course.
9. If the student for somereason such as illness, hospitalization, etc. cannot take the examination, anapplication for delaying the examination must be sent, agreed by the collegeand arranged by the teaching affairs department. A delayed examination shouldbe equally effective in the student’s academic record as the normal one.
10. Student may elect coursesfrom other major, paying appropriate fees as required. Approved by the College,student may elect courses from other university according to inter-universityagreement. The grade/credit earned from the other university must be examinedand verified by the University for recognition.
11. Misconduct, such ascheating during the examination or absent from an examination with no reasonwill lead to a zero grade of the course. The offenders will be criticized andsubject to a corresponding disciplinary action. The offenders will not beallowed to sit the reexamination as well. But a chance to sit the makeupexamination before graduation for the course will be given if they behave wellafterwards.
12. Attendance of curricularactivities is mandatory. Leave of absence must be asked and approved in advance;otherwise, the offender will be criticized or even subject to disciplinaryaction according to the Penalty for Violating the Rules of the University. Sickleave application should be submitted with medical certificate issued by thedoctor. Application for compassionate leave of absence no longer than 2 dayscan be approved by the teacher in charge of his or her class; Leave of absencewithin 3 days can be approved by the director of the Foreign StudentsAdministration; Application longer than 3 days but within 2 weeks or forstudents who need to leave Nanchang for some reason should be approved by thecollege first, and then sent to the Foreign Students Administration to be keptin the student’s record. Leave longer than 2 weeks needs to be granted afterthe College meeting discussion. Except under such circumstances as acutedisease or a matter of great urgency, a late application for leave will not beaccepted. Students should report to the Foreign Students Administration rightafter they come back from their leave.
13. Students with anattendance of 50% and above for a course including leave time may sit theexamination; students whose attendance below 50%will not be allowed to sit theexamination but can be provided a chance to sit its makeup exam; students withan average attendance during the academic year of below 30% have to repeat theacademic year’s work.
14. The grading system forexaminations and courses is as follows: For courses of which the duration isone semester, the final result is composed of 80% of the examination marks and20% of the attendance records. For courses of which the duration is twosemesters, the first semester score is composed of 80% of the examination marksand 20% of the attendance records. Students who failed the first semester maysit the reexamination and a passing score will be recorded if they pass it; thesecond semester score is composed of 80% of the examination marks and 20% ofthe attendance records. Students who failed the second semester may sit itsreexamination and a passing score will be recorded if they pass it. The finalresult for the course consists of 50% of the first semester and 50% of thesecond semester respectively. For a course that is multiple semesters in length,final result is graded in proportion to the semester number. Students who failthe course (the final result is below passing score) have to sit the makeupexamination before graduation for the course. Students are not allowed to entera higher grade when the courses to be retaken come to three or above in one academicyear.
15. Students who fail anexamination, or are unable to attend the examination for some reason, will beable to sit a reexamination (or makeup). The opportunity for reexamination fora course is given only once for each semester. For students who pass makeupexam a passing score will be given. For students who fail makeup exam, thehigher one of the examination score and makeup exam score will be recorded.
Section 4 Promotion to a highergrade
and Repetition of an academic year’s work
16. Students who complete thecourses as required with passing marks or above will be promoted to a highergrade
17. Under the followingcircumstances, student should repeat that academic year’s work:
Students whosefailed courses (after its make-up examination) come to three or above in one academicyear. Disqualification for makeup exam is deemed as failure in it;
Students with anaverage attendance in one academic year below 30%
18. Students who repeat agrade don’t have to take the courses that he or she passed before their repetition.
19. Students can not take twoconsecutive repetitions; and the accumulated should be no more than twice.
20. Repetition studentsshould pay tuition and fees as required for his or her original batch.
Section 6:Change of Major and Transfer to Other Higher Institutions
21. Student who meets thefollowing criteria may apply for a change of major: 学生符合以下情况之一可以申请转专业：
Being recognizedby the college as to have outstanding skills more suitable to take anothermajor;
Being recognizedby the college as to have certain difficulty not suitable to stick to theoriginal major but still suitable to take other appropriate majors of theuniversity;
Being qualifiedfor the criteria as required by the relevant major.
22. The following criteriawill exclude the student from change of major:
Not meeting thecriteria of the selected major.
Not accepted bythe selected major.
23. Steps for the change ofmajor include: application by the student; consent by the University andCollege and then completing the necessary procedures with Foreign StudentsAdministration.
24. Students, who do havecertain difficulties and thus cannot continue their study at the University,may apply for a transfer to another higher institution. To transfer out of theUniversity the student must go through the necessary procedures: A writtenapplication should be submitted and be sanctioned by the President of theCollege. The Foreign Students Administration will then contact the universityor college into which the student is going to transfer for related officialdocument. Finally the Nanchang Exit-Entry Administration Bureau of P.R.C. willbe reported to cancel their resident permit. About the percentage of tuitionand fees to be refunded please see regulations regarding Refunds.
25. The following conditionsexclude the transfer of institutions:
Having studiedin the University for less than one semester;
Without anyproper reason.
Section 7: Suspension andResuming of Schooling
26. Students may completetheir study in separate stages, but the longest overall extension of the periodof attendance (including the suspension of schooling) shall not exceed 2 years.
27. Students can be subjectto suspension under any one of the following situations:
In the event that a student is diagnosedwith an illness or injury that is expected to cause their being unable toattend more than two thirds of the total credit hours for the semester( due torecovery, treatment or therapy), or in the event of certain diseases, a studentmay suspend their study at the College;
Students who have requested leave, and theaccumulative leave is over one third of the total credit hours of one semesteras determined by attendance record, may be subject to suspension;
Students who are unable to pay out theirtuition and fees as required are subject to suspension;
Students may apply for suspension due tospecial circumstances by submitting an application or may receive suspensionfrom the College if circumstances warrant such actions.
28. Students who apply for asuspension of schooling or are required to suspend schooling should be approvedby the College and FOREIGN STUDENTS ADMINISTRATION. In general, suspension ofschooling is limited to one semester. Under special circumstances and approvedby the College, the suspension period may be extended, but the overall periodof extension must not exceed 2 years.
29. The University does notencourage marriage during the schooling years. If the student gets pregnant orhas given birth to child, and is therefore inappropriate to study and live atthe university, may have a suspension of schooling.
30. According to relevantregulations students serving military duty may keep their status of student notlonger than 2 years.
31. Student who has suspendedschooling shall leave the university campus after going through necessaryprocedure. During the suspension period, the person will no longer enjoy thestatus of an enrolled student.
32. When the suspensionperiod is due to expire, the student should send application to resumeschooling two weeks before the end of the semester. It must be approved by theUniversity before the student can resume schooling.
Section 8:Drop Out of School
33. Under the following circumstances, student shoulddrop out or be demanded to drop out of school:
1)Not sending in applicationto resume schooling as required after the suspension period has ended, or notbeing able to pass the re-examination and therefore not approved to resumeschooling;
2)Diagnosed by thehospitals appointed by the University to have mental disorder, epilepsy, etc.or unexpected injury that prevents the student to continue to study; 经学校指定医院诊断，患有精神病、癫痫等疾病或者意外伤残无法继续在校学习的；
3)Being absent from the schoolwithout asking for leave, or, though asked, but not approved, thus not beingable to participate the required curricular activities for 2 continuous weeksor accumulatively for 4 weeks in one semester;
4)Not being able toregister within 4 weeks after the beginning of the academic year without anyproper excuse; 每学年开学四周内未注册而又无正当事由的
5)Being talked to butstill refuse to suspend their study when they are subject to suspension; 达到休学条件而不休学，经说服无效者；
6)Asked to drop out ofschool by the student in person. 本人申请退学的
34. Student who has dropped out of school must bereported to Nanchang Exit-Entry Administration Bureau to canceltheir resident permit and then exit from China within the time limit asrequired.
Section 9: Graduation, Completionof the Curriculum and Completion of the Courses
35. Student who has completedthe courses required by the curriculum, and reached the standard establishedfor graduation, can graduate and be conferred the diploma.
36. Student who has completedthe courses required by the curriculum, but has not reached the standardestablished for graduation, may finish the study and will be issued aCertificate of Completion of Study. Within the period specified by theUniversity, the student may retake the relevant courses or redo the graduation thesisor design. Once the standard for graduation is reached, the student may changethe Certificate of Completion of Study to the Diploma; the date of graduationwill be the date of issuance of the diploma.
37. The University AcademicDegree Committee will confer Degree Certificate to the qualified students.
38. Student who has completedmore than one academic year of study and then dropped out will be issued aCertificate of Study.
39. If, in addition to thecompletion of the major program, the student has also successfully completed aminor program, the student will be conferred the Certificate of Minor Program.
40. Diploma, Certificate forCompletion of Study, or Certificate of Study, or DegreeCertificate, if lost or damaged, will not be re-issued, but the owner can sendapplication to the University, and if the case is verified to be true, theUniversity will issue a document certifying the corresponding status.
Section10 Campus Order and Extracurricular Activities
41: The University strives tokeep campus order, to ensure a good environment for study and living.
42: The University set uporganizations and regulations to promote student involvement in the democraticmanagement of the University; it encourages and supports students to giveadvice and make suggestions to the work of the University.
43: All students should abideby the laws and regulations of China as well as regulations of the University,and try their best to create and maintain a civilized, clean, elegant and safeenvironment for study. Students are strictly forbidden to the indulgence ofalcoholic beverages or drugs; acting with violence; gambling; propagating, copyingand selling illegal publications or audio-visual products and any behavioragainst the law in respect to the management of public security. Students arenot allowed to take part in illegal pyramid selling, or religious preachingactivities. Students are not allowed to do anything that will impair the imageof a college student and erode public morality.
44: The University shallrespect the ethnic custom and religious belief of the students but will notafford places for holding religious rites. Preaching, religious rally and otherreligious activities are not allowed on campus.
45: Students are free to setup and join student club or organizations. To establish student organization,the students should send a written application to the FOREIGN STUDENTSADMINISTRATION to be approved. Student organization must operate within thescope allowed by the laws, and regulations of China, as well as the regulationsof the University; it must accept the leadership and management of theUniversity.
46: The University encouragesstudents and their organizations to carry out all kinds of academic,scientific, technological, artistic, recreational, and sports activities.Extracurricular activities must not impact the regular teaching and livingorder.
47: The University encourages, supports andgives guidance to the students as to the community service activities andpart-time work-study program which is inside the campus, and will give themnecessary help. Students joining the part-time work-study program should abideby the laws and regulations of China, as well as the regulations of theUniversity and the employer unit; they should faithfully carry out their dutiesas specified in the relevant agreements.
48: Mass assembly,demonstration and parade must be approved in advance according to legalprocedures and laws of China; any unapproved activities will be stopped orpersuaded to give up by the University.
49: Student must abide by theregulations of the State and the University in using computer network; it isnot allowed to log on illegal websites or propagate harmful information.
50: Student should strictlyabide by the dormitory management and fire safety regulations of theUniversity, and always be aware of campus safety.
Section 11 Annex
51: These regulations comeinto effect since March 1, 2007; if other documents issued by the Universityconflict with the present regulations, the present regulations shall prevail.
52: The University reservesthe rights of explaining, changing or amending these regulations. 江西中医药大学保留解释修改本条例的权利
53: International languagestudents and students for general advanced study shall follow theseregulations.
Dormitory Rulesand Regulations for Foreign Students and Students from Taiwan, Hong Kong and Macao Attending Jiangxi University of Traditional Chinese Medicine
Part I General principles
1. The following rules and regulations areformulated for the purpose of raising the student’s ability to manage, serveand educate themselves.
2. The dormitory is a place provided for studentsto live, study and rest. It is also a place to nurture the student’s behaviorand promote their cultural and ethic progress.
3. The objective of dormitory management is “safety,civilization, and harmony” and “neatness, coziness and convenience”
4. The dormitories are jointly managed by theForeign Student Administration and the College Office of the College.
The Foreign Student Administration takes care of:
a) Nurturing students’ behavior;
b) Building spiritual civilization.
The College Office takes care of:
b)Cleaning work in the community place;
c)Maintenance of the facilities.
Part II Room and Apartment Arrangement
5. Students’ hostel are arranged by the university,and beds and rooms are arranged by the Office. Students’ room shall be allottedby the Office and no change should be made without their permission.
6. Registered students should pay the hostel feeyearly and live in the dormitory compulsorily.
7. The students are not allowed to live off campus.The students may apply to do so in some special cases. But they have to take theirown responsibility.
8. In case of suspension, course-completion,graduation or dropout the Office has the full authority to make its adjustmentso that no room should stay empty..
9. Written application to the teacher in charge oftheir class should be submitted by the student, if he/she stays duringvacations. The management takes care of the students and shall rearrange theirrooms.
10. In case of suspension, course-completion,graduation or withdrawal the students need to go through the procedure with theOffice. These students need to return all the accessories to the College whichwere provided to them earlier. The students should take their belongings withthem when they leave. There shall be some extra charges if the procedure is notdone well. In case of academic suspension and resumption these shall be againnew procedure by the College.
11. The students who leave the university shouldnot destroy or damage any facilities of the university.
PartIII Assets Management
12. University provides all the basic facilities in the dormitoryincluding the power supply and the water supply. The students should take goodcare of all facilities by turning off electrical appliance and lights beforeleaving, and by saving water.
13. In the rooms the facilities provided byUniversity are: Computer, air conditioner, refrigerator, washing machine, electricwater heater, bed, mattress, bandstand, assembled secretaries, table chairs,multipurpose cabinet, lights, electrical fan, door and windows, window curtain,TV set, remote control, the cabinet for TV set, TV line, telephone set,telephone line, burglar-proof door keys, clotheshorse and so on. When freshmencome they need to check facilities provided, sign the inventory list of theapartment. All the students who stay in the dormitory are fully responsible ifany damage happens to the provided accessories.
14. The students have to protect all the facilitiesprovided by the University. The management and students should keep each otherto do the work co-operatively in saving and protecting the facilities.
15. All the facilities in the dormitory areforbidden to move, refit or dismantle freely, If it is not working properly,the students should report to the Office for repair within three days.
16. If there is any damage in the dormitory and noperson responsible can be found then the students have to collectively shareand bear the cost of repair.
17. In case of graduation, suspension or withdrawalfrom the college, or room and apartment rearrangement the Office shall checkthe facilities in the dormitory. If there is any damage or loss of any item thecompensation work should be done within three weekdays.
18. Damage due to nature or some irresistible causeare paid by the University and in case of tough handling the student has topay. If damage is done deliberately then the fine shall be 10 times of theactual price of that item under the "Penalties for Violating the Rules ".The compensation shall be set by the Office and Foreign Students AdministrationDepartment.
Part IV Discipline
19．The students should strictly observe the timetable made by theCollege. To stay off campus whole night is not allowed. The gates shallopen at 6:00 in the morning, and shall close at 22:30 at night. Failure to get back by this time at night shall be given penalty according to the"Penalties for Violating the Rules ". After 23: 00 visiting others isnot allowed. The students who are late or want to leave the dormitory for somespecial reasons such as illness should show the identity card for registeringat the security guard.
20. Boys can enter girls’ hostel or vice-versa onlywhen they are registered by the guard and after showing Identity card. They arenot allowed after 21:30 at night. It is forbidden to stay for the whole nightthere.
21. Students are supposed to maintain dormitoryorder on their own initiative.Inside theirdormitory such acts as making big noise, playing group games or sports,gambling, drinking alcohol or beer, or smoking are forbidden. During the classtime and after 23:00 o’clock students are not allowed to sing songs loudly, to playchess or card, or to play musical instruments. Turn down stereo volume so asnot disturb others. Alcohol or beer is prohibited in dormitories. The corridorsand stairways of the dormitory should be kept clean. Parking vehicles and personalproperty there is not allowed. Thermos, bowl etc. are not allowed to keep inthe guard room.
第二十一条学生应自觉维护学生宿舍的生活、学习秩序。不准在宿舍内大声喧哗、吵闹、群体游戏、体育运动等；宿舍内严禁赌博、喝酒、抽烟等行为; 上课时间和23：00以后，不允许在宿舍内下棋、打扑克、吹拉弹唱等；使用音响的音量应控制在不影响他人休息和学习的范围内；23:00 以后禁止相互串门；禁止在宿舍和楼道内停放自行车、堆放杂物、将热水瓶、碗等物品放在门卫室等出入口，保证楼道畅通。
22. Students are not allowed to paste any kind ofadvertisements or to be engaged the illegal activity in the dormitory. Tradingactivity is also not allowed in the dormitory. Throwing goods out of the windowis not allowed.
23. Playing card is not allowed in the dormitory.Watching, collecting and circulating unhealthy video or reading unhealthy orvulgar books are not allowed in the dormitory. Vulgar drawings are not allowedto paste on the wall.
24. Students may make their own rules to manage,supervise and safeguard the dormitory as awhole .
25. Students should take proper care of thedormitory and make it safe and secure by raising awareness of security and conceptof legality. Students should stop and then report to the management the badbehaviors which would endanger the safety of the dormitory.
26. Students can’t use or destroy fire fightingequipment without permission. In case of fire, call the police, leave the siteof fire or extinguish the fire, etc. to minimize the loss.
27. Students shouldn't accommodate friend outsidethe college for the night. If they do so and if there is any property loss orbodily injury to the other students, the relevant legal responsibility shall beinvestigated.
28. Students should keep their own belongings safely.Before leaving the dormitory the students must lock the door properly. Changingof locks or lending your key to others should not be done. Students should bealert to the suspicious-looking men. When there happens a criminal or publicsecurity case, the students on the scene should protect the scene and report tothe management immediately.
29. Students should not keep knives, sticks, radioactivesubstances and other dangerous matters which is poisonous, or inflammable, or susceptibleto erosion in the dormitory. Burning waste paper or lighting candles in thedormitory is not allowed.
PartVI Power Use
30. Dormitory is the place where students live andstudy, so every student should economize on electricity and use itproperly.
31. Student should take good care of all facilities. In case of exposure of wire, electric leakage, or any damage they should reportto the Office immediately.
32. Students are not allowed to remove power line,or to pull another one to install a bulb holder without permission, and notallowed to extend power supply facility in the dormitory, Students should not destroypower supply box or power supply cable in the dormitory, and also should notremove or repair power distribution facilities themselves.
33. Counterfeit electrical appliances, which haveno “China Compulsory Certification” mark, or too old to be used properly, arenot allowed to use in the dormitory. Students are not allowed to touch thepower distribution facility and the illumination lamps or approach the power supplyjoint to something inflammable without permission.
34. Things such as electric heater, electriccooking pot (pot), electro thermal furnace, pressure cooker, electric fryingpan, electric iron, microwave oven, electromagnetic oven, electric blanket,electric cup, juice extractor, foot warmer, drying machine, and other item which shall put excess load to electricity meter are not allowed in thedormitory.
35. Electricity which is provided is in Fixed QuantityAllocation, and if you exceed the amount then you have to pay.
35.1 Free electricity provided to every studentevery month in 10 months is 50 degrees. The electricity shall be provided atthe beginning of the session by the Office.
35.2 Students must not use electricity at one timeexceeding the limit of 2500 watt, otherwise it will cause switch trip
35.3 If the dormitory exceeds the given quantity ofelectricity, the students have to pay and take the electricity. The workingtime for selling electricity is at 12:30-13:30 from Monday to Friday and onholidays it is at 16：30-17：30.
36. The punishmentfor violating the regulations of Management of Power Use is as follows:
36.1 Studentswho break Rule No.30, 31, 35 shall be given public reprimand.
36.2 Students who break Rule No.32, 33, 34, shallbe given disciplinary warning and their electric appliances shall be confiscated.In cases with dire consequence, a heavier penalty shall be given and relatedlegal liability shall be investigated.
36.3 Legal responsibility shall be investigatedwhen bodily injury or property loss are caused due to using electric appliancesimproperly.
36.4 Students who reject or do something to hinderthe management to inspect dormitory shall be given a warning. Students who abuseor even assault the management shall be given Demerit Record or even a heavierpenalty.
36.5 Students who violate the regulations for PowerUse shall not get any award given by the University in the given academic year.Dormitories that violate the regulations of Management of Power Use can not bechosen as “Model Dormitory” in the given academic year.
PartVII Dormitory Sanitation
37. As life in the dormitory is closely related tothe achievements of a student, a dormitory and even a class, students’dormitory sanitation shall be graded and the result shall be included duringall kinds of excellence awards appraisal.
38. Students’ personal hygiene and sanitation inthe dormitory rooms and in the communal places shall be taken intoconsideration when grading.
39. Students’personal hygiene is required as follows:
39.1 Keep ahealthy lifestyle and exercise regularly
39.2 Keep yourselvesand everything around you clean and in order.
40. Arrangement should be made by head of thedormitory and then dormitory members take turns to do the cleaning for thedormitory.
41. Dormitoryrooms are required as follows:
41.1 Door and window should be clean and be kept ingood condition without paper stuck to
41.2 The floorshould be clean without water, spit and rubbish etc.;
41.3 The wallhas no drawing and graffiti pollution;
41.4 Thequilt and bed sheet should be folded or leveled off;
41.5 Thetable and things on it should be clean and in order;
41.6 The airshould be fresh.
42. The students take turns to inspect all thedormitories and grade their sanitation with the management regularly. Theresults shall be published within one week, and then archived in the ForeignStudents Administration for excellence and awards appraisal afterwards.
43. The communal places in the dormitory should be takencare of by all students and shall be inspected by the teacher in charge of hisor her class regularly.
44. Thecommunal places in the dormitory are required as follows:
44.1 The leftovers should be into bins for wastefood. Don’t drop used water or leave rubbish on the ground in public place.Throwing articles or rubbish out of the window and cooking in the dormitory arealso not allowed.
44.2 Don’t park personal articles in public placeand don’t pull up ropes in public place to dry clothes without permission.
44.3 Keep bathroom and lavatory clean and flush thelavatory after using it.
45. Animals such as dog, cat, chicken, duck,rabbit, mouse, pigeon etc. are not allowed to feed in dormitory
PartVIII Cultural and Ethical Progress in the Dormitory
46. Dormitoryis required to be positive, healthy, civilized and harmonious.
47. Model dormitories shall be chosen throughpublic appraisal and Dormitory Culture & Arts Festival shall be held withthe aim of pushing cultural and ethical progress in the dormitory.
48. The University provides connections to internetand cabled TV in the dormitory to facilitate the learning and life in campus.Nevertheless students should not indulge themselves in it and neglect theirhealth and study.
49. No one may use the Campus network to produce, copy,consult or disseminate the following information: